Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Twins 20 weeks

I can't believe we are having TWINS!! 
Some days I understand that there are two babies in belly and some days I don't believe it.
We were surprised to find out that we were pregnant, and shocked to find out it was twins! 

It was just Sophia and I at the ultrasound because Breon had to work, and I really wish I had recorded it because I think my reaction was priceless! It went something like..
OH SHIT and then there was laughing and crying and more laughing and than silent because I was thinking about Breon and what he was going to say.(It was better than my reaction) 
Its really weird because the day before our appointment I mentioned to Breon that I thought my tummy was already bigger than it should be. Surprise, Surprise

When I got home, I was trying to contain myself from running around the neighborhood screaming "WE    ARE HAVING TWINS". I sat and waited for the next 4 hours for Breon to get home so I could share the big news with him! He was definitely not expecting to hear TWINS and I think it sent him into a shock, he didn't say much for the next little bit but the longer it set in the better he was acting. (haha)

So we are having Fraternal Twins, that means there is two of everything and they don't share anything. 
BABY A is a BOY 
 BABY B is GIRL
We were hoping for either two boys or one each, so we were pretty excited that we are getting a little boy, and another sweet little girl.

Right now I am 20 weeks! That is over half way in a twin pregnancy, we are counting down!
This pregnancy has gone by so fast and I don't feel we are nearly ready for these babies to come yet.
I am planning on getting a hospital bag packed within the week so we are ready for whatever happens.

Both babies are looking GREAT! They are each about 10 oz and as long as a banana. They are both right on track for where they need to be, baby B is just a little big smaller but its nothing to be worried about. The babies are 20 weeks and my belly is measuring 27 weeks, so its safe to say that I am huge already and I still have (hopefully) 18 more weeks! Its safe to say that I am being very careful this time around and listening to my body, if I'm tired I try to lay down as much a I can with a 1 year old running around.

This is how I told my Husband that we were having twins
It was so fun to make this and see his reaction!
Sorry these are not the greatest pictures its almost impossible to get this girl to sit still!
This is how we told our friends and family!

This is how we told the world, in the corner I wrote " We are adding 2 little pumpkins to patch coming April 2014"









I will try to get pictures of  the belly more often and I'm going to work on updating the blog every two weeks. If there are any moms out there for advice on twin pregnancy let me know, or what to pack in my hospital bag that you loved with your c-section or just something you wish you had for twin delivery. Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah you look so cute! I love it :) Let me know whenever you need a break. Maddie and I will come play with Sophia! Seriously though. Can't wait to meet those babies. I miss those sweet newborn snuggles!

    ReplyDelete